Meet our 2020 Family
– the Marvin Family!
2020-21 a Year of Caring
Habitat helping and supporting Door County residents continues - even with the challenges we all have faced with the pandemic. The year in review summary and annual appeal letter can be downloaded here. The full Annual Report can be viewed and downloaded here.
As we look forward to the opportunities in Door County in 2021 and beyond, Door County Habitat for Humanity has a new goal – to build at least 2 homes per year. To accomplish this objective, our annual campaign’s goal is to raise $150,000. This is much more than we have ever aspired to previously; however, the need for affordable housing in Door County is so great that we must stretch ourselves!
We've only just begun!
Help us reach our goals for 2021!!
This is where we ask for your help in this Annual Appeal. We rely on donations from the community to fund our programs and allow us to continue to help Door County families to achieve decent and affordable home ownership.
Please consider giving today. Or call us to discuss donating land or building materials. Or, include Habitat in your estate plans to ensure your legacy and ours.
We're making progress and still need your generosity!
Help us reach our goal: $150,000
Year in Review Summary (fiscal 2019-20)
- We completed our 43rd home build since our inception in 1993.
- Impact: Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
Home Repair Program
- 15 completed home repair projects in 2020.
- Impact: Assisting existing homeowners who need critical repairs on their home at minimal cost.
- 10 opportunities to salvage items before homes and buildings were remodeled or torn down.
- Impact: obtaining usable materials and goods keeping literal tons of materials out of landfills
- We’ve been working on ways to reduce operational costs and drive efficiencies throughout our organization.
- We've completely redesigned our website: www.DoorHabitat.org. Give us some feedback on how to continue to improve this form of communication.
- IMPACT- Maximizing the impact of your donations by reducing costs and improving community awareness.
- The ReStore accepts many items that people no longer want or need, including new and used furniture, appliances, cabinets, doors, windows, sinks, light fixtures, and so much more.
- Impact: Keeping usable items out of the landfills, providing monetary support to the build program, and offering affordable furniture and appliances to the community at large.
2020 Annual Report
Read all the details in this year's Annual Report
Thank you to ALL who have supported Door County Habitat for Humanity in the past. Thank you to all who are considering donating for the first time!
You can make a difference to change the housing crisis in Door County. Please ask yourself – where does peace, strength, and stability begin? The answer - At Home. Statistics prove that when families are able to have a stable, decent, and affordable home, the entire community benefits.
Your donation can fulfill future homeowner’s dreams in our very own community.