Job Title: Executive Director
Status: Full time, Salaried, Exempt
Location: 410 N 14th Ave, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Reports to: Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and specifically the Board President
Summary: Under the direction of the Board of Directors, oversees all affiliate operations and staffing. In accordance with the objectives, policies, and directives set forth by Habitat for Humanity International and the affiliate Board of Directors provides overall executive leadership for the affiliate and staff. Responsibilities include primary relationship and communication link among directors, officers, committees, employees, and volunteers, networking with community services, developing and implementing fundraising plans, serving as the public face and corporate spokesperson, and providing the necessary follow-up to ensure that the whole organization runs smoothly and effectively while carrying out the goals and objectives of our mission.
The Executive Director is responsible for administering the affiliate’s mission-based ministry focuses on local affordable housing in accordance with Habitat’s stated purpose under the direction of: the Board President, Executive Committee, and Board of Directors. The Executive Director is a non-voting ex-officio member of the Board.
High Priorities for Future Success:
- Community Relationships, Public Relations, and Marketing
- Resource Fund Development
- Partner Family Development and Support
- Overall Organization Development and Management
- Integrity and Ethics – responsible and accountable actions
- Credibility- value based and trust-worthy actions
- Compassion – genuine concern for other’s needs
- Courage – acts decisively to tackle difficult problems
- Leadership – passion to lead others to success
- Positive presence and communication – personal skill to create a thriving organization
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Community Relationships – Public Relations – Marketing:
- Advocates on behalf of those struggling to obtain decent affordable housing
Resource Fund Development:
- Provides leadership for the development and execution of annual and strategic funding plan including identifying, meeting, and relationship building with corporate, community, and individual donors
Family Development and Support:
- Works with partner families to address issues and concerns as they arise by referral to appropriate affiliate committee(s) or outside agencies. Develops new partner families through community and public relations efforts.
Affiliate Administration and Management:
- As chief administrative manager, oversees implementation of affiliate policies, procedures, project management, and daily activity for new home construction, home preservation, and ReStore to ensure public accountability and legal obligations are met.
- Human Resource Leadership: provides overall leadership, control, and direction for personnel of the organization (3 employees). Provides oversight and performance management to ensure affiliate exceed goals and objectives.
- Financial Management: Accountable for organizational resources, the budget process, and day to day finances
- Organizational Development and Management: Leads, develops, supports, and recruits local organization.
Application: to email@example.com : The successful applicant should send electronically 1)Cover letter highlighting key attributes and why (s)he is interested in working for Door County Habitat for Humanity, 2) Detailed resume with employment history 3) Salary Requirements, 4) Three professional references. Open until filled. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
Door County Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.